Tuesday 2 July 2013

ILLAMASQUA 'COMPLEMENT' PALETTE & DUPE!!!




After a long time of finding out about Illamasqua, with alot of 'umming' and 'Ahhing' I finally decided which palette I wanted so I dived right in!
The 'Complement' palette is beautiful and extremely versatile. Many different combinations for day or night. I personaly like to use all 4 shades together: Slink, Focus, Queen of the night and Forgiveness, then really emphasise those highlighting areas with 'Slink' to make it all POP!
As Illamasqua is more higher end of the market, I mean.. compared to say 'Bourjois' or 'Barry M'. This palette cost a hefty £34/ $50.
For only 4 shades of about 4.5m some I'm sure some people would think it was a rip off, seeing as you can get the NAKED1/2 palette by Urban Decay for the same price..but there is just something about Illamasqua that makes you feel.. seductive. Am I right?
Like many ladies I do like to indulge  but when it comes to make-up the main thing is making it last! Luckily eyeshadows have around a 2 year life expectancy but even if your a frequent user of your product its definitely not going to last that long, especially the Illamasqua palette!
So the other day while I became engrossed in all of the gorgeous make-up on the internet; I stumbled upon the 'Bourjois Eye Pearl' in the color 'Illusion 62'.. and wow! The palette of 5 colors instantly reminded me of the Illamasqua 'Complement', and at a severe reduction in price.. £8-£10! It has many many similarites but minus the cream shadow 'Focus', I was very happy I found it.
With the new similar  palette you can  really make your more prestige product last longer but still enjoying them both at the same time. I think this is a great way of making your favorite make-up last.

If anyone else has any 'dupes' on prestige products I would be very interested to know and please comment!
Links to all products mentioned above:
Amy~



No comments:

Post a Comment